The 50 Question Non-Romantic Tumblr Question Meme
1. What is your dream career, and what path do you plan to take to get there?
I don’t even know any more. I just know I want to work in “the industry”. Whether that be film or television or web content, I don’t even care right now. I guess my dream career would be as a casting director working with really amazing directors and producers.
2. Who do you aspire most to be like?
I don’t really have an answer for this. If anything, I’d want to be like my grandma. She’s so strong and fun to be around. She knows exactly where she is in life and is making the most of what she has. I would like to be as comfortable with myself as she is.
3. What do you like in a best friend?
Having inside jokes, then having the ability to say nearly nothing but laughing your asses off anyway.
4. Do you currently have any squishes (people you really want to be best friends with)?
Um what like real people? Not really. But it would be awesome to be best friends with Nathan Fillion. And Simon Pegg.
5. What is your ideal platonic relationship?
The geekiest friendship. Watching sci-fi movies and TV, making geeky references in everyday conversation, having inside jokes, and being friends for life. And as little drama as humanly possible.
6. Best late night IM conversation story.
Lets switch out IM for Chatroulette. Farrah and I came across a midget. A stripper midget. From Bournemouth. And he was fucking hilarious and pretty adorable.
7. List one person you’d like to wear the sweater of, one person you’d like to bake cookies with, and one person you’d like to drive around and get lost with. (can be celebrities or fictional characters, has to be three different people and not all the same person)
I’d like to wear Mark Sheppard’s sweater for the rest of my life, I’d like to bake cookies with David Tennant, I’d like to drive around with Misha Collins and get lost. Actually, if I ever do get to drive around with Misha, I will PURPOSEFULLY get us lost.
8. Describe your current best friend(s).
Farrah basically puts up with my weirdness and I think that’s the most important thing.
9. What is a strange, little-known fact about you?
When I was 6, I almost died from too much anesthesia when I got appendicitis.
10. What is a career you wanted to have when you were younger, and still kind of want to have now?
I always wanted to be a firefighter. If I could, I would definitely do that still.
11. If you could have tea and pleasant conversation with one person, who would it be?
Stephen Fry or Benedict Cumberbatch.
12. If you had a time machine, what era would you go to?
I would say either to the Enlightenment, with all the philosophers and whatnot, or to the late 1800’s and become friends with Van Gogh. Or check out the future and see what it’s like.
13. What celebrity or historical figure would you love to have as your best friend and why?
There’s so many people I could put here, but I think I’d have to go with Misha Collins. He’s so fun and strange, we would never run out of things to do. And he’s intelligent, so we would have nice conversations. And he just seems like someone I would be able to trust and confide in. And then there would be the added awesomeness of Vicki and West.
14. What fictional character would you love to have as your best friend and why?
The Doctor. He’s brave and never gives up on his friends, he’s clever and has so much knowledge about the universe, and he has the TARDIS and could take me away.
15. If you could have one wish, what would it be? (cannot be related to romance or sex)
To end world hunger. Plain and simple. There is no reason people should go hungry when there are people like me and you who don’t have to worry about where our next meal comes from. It’s wrong and I would wish for no one to ever be hungry again.
16. If you were trapped on a deserted island and could only take one item, what would it be?
My bed. So that at least I would have a comfy place to sleep.
17. If you could pick one career other than the one you are pursuing/plan to pursue, what would it be?
A professional chef. I thought for a little while that I would pursue that, but film is my true love. But cooking is a passion that I wish I could pursue also.
18. What is your best memory you have with a friend?
Throne Con with Farrah is the first thing that comes to mind. It was just kick ass and awesome.
19. Do you have any peculiar interests that most people don’t know about?
I don’t think so. Nothing about me is particularly peculiar.
20. What were your favourite childhood toys? Do you still have them?
I loved playing with army men and power rangers. I think my favorite toy was a Batman action figure and the Batmobile and Batpod it came with. I would dress up in my Batman costume and play with Batman and yeah I was such a cool kid. I don’t think I have the toys, but I do still have the mask and cape somewhere.
21. Favourite baked good?
Idk man, madeleines are really fucking good.
22. If your best friend were here right now, what would you do with them? (cannot list best friend as your romantic/sexual partner)
Well considering I’m with my best friend right now and we’re both sitting in our beds on our laptops, drinking tea and typing away…
23. Who would you love to play video games with?
If my little brother wasn’t such a prick to play along with, I’d say him. Besides him, I dunno. Like maybe Felicia Day?
24. If you could visit any country, which one would it be?
Either Italy or Greece. Something in the Mediterranean.
25. Are there any friends you miss having around?
I guess my friends from high school. We used to be close but moving 5000 miles away has its drawbacks. We aren’t close any more and it would have been nice to stay close.
26. If you were trapped in a room with anyone for 24 hours, who would it be and what would you do? The answer cannot be romantic or sexual.
Ben Whishaw. He’s so awkward and I’m awkward so we would just sit on opposite sides of the room, fidgeting and trying to maybe possibly start a conversation but we never would. Sounds fun to me.
27. If you could learn any language instantly, what would it be?
28. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.
29. Favourite song lyric?
Flaws by Bastille:
You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve
And I have always buried them deep beneath the ground.
30. Favourite album?
Ed Sheeran, +
31. Which time of day would you say is best for you work-wise?
Anytime after 8pm. I’m a night owl, I work best when everyone is asleep and it’s dark out.
32. Favourite city that you’ve visited?
I would say London, but now that I live here, I’m gonna say Edinburgh. I loved every second of visiting there. Followed closely by Dublin which I also completely loved. Bristol is nice too.
33. Favourite city that you haven’t visited?
34. If you could donate $10,000 to charity, what charity would you pick?
It would be very difficult for me to choose between the National Parkinson Foundation or the ASPCA. Both foundations I feel very strongly about.
35. What is one book you wish you could get all your friends to read?
Rosencranzt and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard.
36. What is one movie you wish you could get all your friends to watch?
The Fall. Fucking beautiful film. Weird as fuck but totally amazing.
37. What do you think people assume about you from first glance?
That’s a hard one. They probably make assumptions based on my weight. Probably that I’m upset for some reason. Sorry people that’s just my face.
38. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be?
I’d like to play the ukulele better.
39. What is your favourite item of clothing?
Tshirts…? And comfy jeans. And my Chucks I’ve had for 6 years!
40. Who was your first follower on tumblr? Do they still follow you?
Hah, I can’t remember that!
41. If you could create one thing, what would it be?
A working TARDIS.
42. Favourite superhero?
Either Wolverine or Iron Man.
43. If you were to write an autobiography, what would you title it?
How To Kick Men In The Balls and Other Useful Information, a book by Alicia
44. If you were to have a band, what would you call it?
The Flaming Daleks.
45. What is your favourite card/board game?
I like playing Irish Snap and Monopoly.
46. What was the first IM service you used? Who was the first person you talked to on it?
I used AIM first. I think the first person I talked to was a classmate of mine in grade school. Not sure who though.
47. If you could give a friendly hug to any one person, who would it be?Cannot be your romantic/sexual partner if you have one.
Dunno, probably at the moment I’d have to say Ty Olsson.
48. Have you ever won any sort of contests? What kind?
Nope never. I’m sure I have, but I can’t think of any right now. I’d win the contest for being boring.
49. Who was the last person you hugged? Cannot be your romantic/sexual partner if you have one.
Not sure. Think it was Oliver and Lucan, last time I saw them.
50. If you could be skilled in any one activity, what would it be? Cannot be romantic or sexual.
I’d love to be able to skateboard. Or eat massive amounts of candy without gaining weight… that’s a skill, right?